Thursday 27 January 2011

Hunky Dory


I took advantage of some very rare Welsh daylight today, and mooched off up the hill that runs along the back of our house.  It's amazing the views you can find lurking just 10 minutes out of the town centre, and this is one of my favourites.

My plan was to take loads of photos after seeing the blog at Resurrection Fern this morning (scroll down for the really amazing macro shots), so off I set, with Bowie warbling on the mp3.  For some reason though, my camera was in a bit of a tizz so I couldn't take as many photos as I would have liked.  Nevermind.


This one does make me smile.  I love its jaunty angle and the mini explosion at the top of the twiggy bit.  The plan is to use this as a basis for some embroidery designs (I've yet to learn to embroider properly, but that's another story!)

It felt nice to be back outside again - a proper sort of outside.  It was one of the things I worried about before coming back home from visiting family: that the culture shock involved in returning to the "bright lights" of Bangor would cause me a relapse anxiety-wise.  Thankfully I've been doing well, but even so it was nice to have that time to breathe today.  It reminded me of home - not in a way that made me sad, but in a way that made me very happy.









 


I think I'll have to arrange another trip home soon.  I always miss the various farmyard animais more than I expect to.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL view!!!!